Monday, January 13, 2014

No Smell Wine





There are not many people who can make me speechless, baffled even, but this guy wins the award.

Customer: "I want a wine with no smell."

Me: "What?"

Customer: "I don't like my wines to have a smell."

This guy is kidding, right.  

Me: "Sir, wine like food is meant to have an aroma.  We taste through our sense of smell."

Customer: "I don't want my wine to smell."

Me: Clearly baffled, repeating myself until finally I said "I can't help you, sir."

Clearly, he doesn't want wine.  He should hold his nose if he doesn't want any aroma from his wine.  A wine's aromas is called bouquet for a reason!  Because it smells!  

My colleague told me I should have given him a Pinotage.  If you don't know that smell, it's one of the most pungent, tobacco laden, tar filled aroma bombs there is.  That would teach him.

Show me some love at localwineevents.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment