Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Guess My Wine




I'm pretty good about guessing what wine people are talking about, but when I don't, I have tools to use.

Customer: "I'm looking for Don something.  The word is horizontal on the bottle from the bottom to the cork."

Me: "That doesn't sound familiar.  Did you buy it here?"

Customer: "Yes."

Me: "Let me look up your account."

Customer: "I didn't buy it.  My friend did.  It's Don something with a red label."

Me: "What's your friend's name?  I'll look up her account."

Customer is now pissed off at me because I can't read her mind and curtly says "never mind."

I apologize and go about my business.  About 10 minutes later I see her at the register and curiously, I go up to her and ask her if she found what she was looking for.

Customer: "Yes."

Me: "I'm curious.  What was it?"

Customer:  More pissed off at me.  "Doesn't matter."  And leaves.

Well now, I'm more perplexed.  A) I didn't do anything wrong here and B) What the heck did she buy?"

I asked the cashier to print out another receipt.  DORNFELDER. I hate Dornfelder.  You can see how the word Dornfelder is horizontal on the bottle from the bottom to the top, right?


Vote me a fan favorite at localwineevents.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment