Wednesday, January 29, 2014

How Vodka Turns Into Water




So, yes, I handle wine, but as a manager of a large store with beer and liquor, I occasionally have to work with operational issues.  

This weird old guy came in and wanted to exchange a liter of vodka because the seal was broke.  I mean, weird.  He had super skin-tight pants, really unkept, long, straggly hair and around 70 years old.  

I looked at the bottle, asked the guy his name, his receipt, his shopper's card, etc.  He had no receipt and no shopper's card.  I played it off.  I wondered why he would pay full price for this item when it's always on sale.  So, stupid me.  I exchanged his bottle and sent him on his way.  We usually take just about anything back.  I didn't think the bottle was un-sale-able so I put it back on the shelf.  As I started to walk away, I thought to myself, maybe he did something to it.  I went back, grabbed the bottle and opened it up.  Sure enough, this was not vodka, but 95% water.  Old guy got one over on me.  I handed a bottle to him to steal directly from me!  

My boss said he didn't know whether he wanted to punch him or shake his hand.

Like my blog?  Help me move up in the ranks at localwineevents.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment