Friday, January 24, 2014

Heard at the Tasting Table





 My colleague was leading the tasting for the public at the tasting table not too long ago and was pouring 4 wines.  A customer approached and began the tasting.  My colleague explained the wines to him.  

"We have a Pinot Grigio from Italy, a Pinot Noir from California, a red blend from South Africa and a Cabernet from Argentina."

The customer tasted through the wines.  I had my back to him while I was on the computer.  The customer was enjoying the wines and engaging my colleague in some banter when he said,

"So, what is the Pinot Noir made of?"

I'm glad my back was to him because I did that thing where my eyes start to roll around the back of my head and I can't hide my disgust for this idiot.  I mumbled "It's made of Pinot Noir" to prompt my speechless colleague to answer his question.  My colleague repeated after me, "It's made from the Pinot Noir grape."

The customer replied with a "huh."

There you have it folks.

Like my blog?  Please vote me a fan favorite at localwineevents.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment