Tuesday, March 4, 2014

We Get All Types-Part 2


Customer wants to return a bottle of Tarima Monastrell because he said "My father couldn't get the cork out.  He said if it doesn't come out right, there is something wrong with it."

He takes the wine out of the bag.  I pull out my handy wine key (That's a corkscrew to all you non-wine industry folks) and proceed to open the wine, pull out the cork with absolutely no problem at all and say, "It's a plastic cork, sir.  What's the problem?"

He looked stunned and embarrassed.  He wouldn't take the bottle back.  It smelled perfectly beautiful.  What a waste.

Me: "You should probably pick your Dad up a better corkscrew.  These waiter's corkscrews are inexpensive and will last a lifetime."

I told him to get another one and would swap it out for him.  After he's done shopping, he indicates that he is ready and I notice that he doesn't have a bottle of Tarima to replace the one he brought in.

Me: "Are you not going to get another Tarima?"

Customer: "I thought you were going to get it."  

He huffs away and goes to get another.  Really?  I opened your bottle for you AND I have to go fetch you another one?  Must I do everything?  Maybe I should go to your house and drink the wine for you, too.

Wait, I might be on to something.....

Help me move up in the rankings at localwineevents.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment